When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gregory Thielker

I think most artists eventually struggle with being narrowly defined by a subject matter or one particular approach to image making, but if you find something that you can do really, really (I mean really) well and no one else is doing it, well sheesh... Just keep doing it. What's especially fascinating is that this simple idea does not get boring. He manages to find an amazing amount of variety in his subject simply by changing from from urban to rural settings and varying the degree of precipitation.
www.gregorythielker.com























"Above and Below" 24x24" 2008


















"Low Road" 36x48" 2006


















"Coming to a Complete Stop" 36x48" 2008

















"McGrath Highway" 36x48" 2006

1 comment: