When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kevin E. Taylor

The monumental Hare presumably under reconstruction is alone worthy of note. But there's plenty of other interesting pieces as well, all orbiting around themes of totemic animism, possibly jaded by our disconnection with the natural world. At least that's what I'm picking up. Truth is I have no idea what the dude is laying down in some of his pieces. There's no artist's statement (which is fine with me, really). There's also no titles or media or size indications, although one shot does suggest that at least some of his work is fairly large. He also does sound and video work.
Check out his website: www.kevinearltaylor.com








































No comments:

Post a Comment