When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hui Zheng

CN12 65cm x 50cm  2011

CN5  100cm x 65cm  2011

CN2  100cm x 65cm  2011

N20  2011

N0 2008

Hui Zheng is an artist in France who has been developing a body of work exploring the human figure in largely realist terms, but always tweaking things just a bit. She has played with exaggerated expressions, subtle variations in color, distorted proportions and selected areas of focus. There is an interesting congruence in these images where she seems to be exploring not only the design potentials of her medium but the design potentials of the body itself. She has other work exploring other issues and techniques, but these slightly off-kilter riffs on realistic human forms seems to be her main focus and best work. No titles titles are provided other than the simple cataloging numbers. The medium is unknown but I can live with that. The dates of the actual work are unclear and I only provide the year in which the image was uploaded to her Flickr page. And as far as I can tell, that is the only place to see her work, which is not only very good, it appears to be getting better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment