When I started trying to promote my own artwork online I kept coming across other people's art that amazed or compelled me in one way or another. This blog has been a way for me to practice thinking and writing about art, as well as learning more about my peers and all the incredible art that is being made out there.

Search for an Artist on this blog (or cut and paste from the list at the bottom of this page)

Monday, May 7, 2012

Tanya Miller

"Two Trees"  acrylic  2010

"The Road"  oils  2010

"Underwater"  oils  2009
"Nature Morte II"  acrylic on canvas  2008

"Time"  Drawing  2006
This week I thought I'd present some exquisite work on the more whimsical side of things. Fine art is not often associated in people's minds with humor. To which I can only say, too bad for fine art. Tanya Miller channels some of the wit, wisdom and techniques of renaissance masters like Brueghel, Bosch and Arcimboldi. Her work ranges from the straightforward allegory to not so straightforward symbolism and completely disorienting surrealism, with the occasional punchline thrown in for good measure (If you missed it, go back to the top image and look at the expression of the tree on the right - you can click on the image to view it larger). There is a great deal of work on her website, including quite a few paintings in oil, acrylics and watercolor as well as drawings and etchings. Check it out and enjoy. www.tanyamiller.com

This time around I have to thank Monster Brains for posting one of her paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment